Welcome to the blog of the Wald family! This blog is intended as a record of our journey as a family, and to update friends and family.For quite some time, I have been feeling a call to adopt. There are many times at work where I've been the nurse assigned to adoption cases. Everyone I've run across has been mentioning Bethany Christian Services. Friends are randomly telling me "I think you would be a good adoptive or foster mom." Then at church, Mike opened his bulletin and nudges me: A note from Bethany Christian Services, stating there is a huge need for Christian families to adopt in Haiti. I knew right there, that God was calling us to adopt Internationally.
As a Christian, it is our responsibility to care for the orphaned and widowed. Also, if we are encouraging women to look at alternatives to abortion and to carry their babies, we need to make our homes available to love and care for these children. The conditions in some other countries right now are absolutely horrible, and there are many children that have been orphaned due to extreme poverty, riots, starvation, and disease. God has laid these children on my heart, and I am praying for these people every day. These children deserve a home, family, love, food, health care, and education. We are all children of God.


No comments:
Post a Comment