Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Check's In The Mail

Today I mailed out the first set of our home study papers to the agency. Wow, our family isn't going to have any "secrets" after this!! :-) Our background checks are being done, and they should receive this giant pack of information I just mailed in a couple days. Also our first agency payment was mailed today. So far, these are our next immediate steps that we need to do:

1. Medicals 12/8/08 (Physical, TB test, drug screen, etc)
2. Mail back proof of insurance when we get that back
3. Waiting for a call from our social worker to do visits
4. Finish formal application with references, financial info, etc.

The home study visits with the social worker, I believe, are done at both the agency and in our home. As soon as they receive this paper work, she is going to get in contact with me to set these visits up. So far I've had the brunt of the paper work, and just take it to Mike for his signature. (Lucky Mike!!) However, I know this is just the beginning of what's to come!

No comments: