Last night, Mike and I had our physicals with Dr Andersen. We had blood drawn, TB tests, drug screen, and each had a lot of shots!! Mike had MMR, Polio, Hep B, Hep A, and Tdap. I had MMR, Polio, and Hep A. Luckily I had my Tdap updated a couple months ago when I had my yearly physical so that was one less for me to get; plus I'm already immunized against Hep B. After talking to Dr Andersen last night, I had totally forgotten about all of the Immigration physicals that he does all the time and Green Card exams. He also has 2 Internationally adopted children (from Russia) himself, so he's familiar with the whole International adoption process and said he'll have no problems notarizing our letter after a while. He also had some good advice for us. I think he'll be a great doctor for our new child, plus it's who everyone else goes to as well.
We just need to get our last Hep A, and Mike needs 2 more Hep B vaccines. Then Yellow Fever. And I think that's all - but I'll have to double check. It's nice to be done so early!! I was freaking out before we got our shots, because I'm a big chicken. My blood pressure was 150's/110!! So we decided to retake it after our shots, and it was back down to 120/70's.
Our Home Study visit #2 was canceled because of bad weather, so hopefully we'll be able to finish up our visits on the 15th and 22nd. I really want to get through them, so we can start filing our Immigration papers, get inked, and all that jazz! (And no, I don't mean we're getting tattoos :-) It's when you get finger printed)
Brianna has been watching the kids a few times lately, and she came over last night while we had our physicals. The kids LOVE her!! They talked about her all day, and every time there was a slight noise in the house, they would run to the door to check if she was here yet. Maddie cried when she left, and kept saying "I love you Brie!!" So cute.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment