12-14 oz Diced Ham, Sausage, or Chicken
8-10 Medium Potatoes (Sliced Thin)
1 Large Onion (Chopped Tiny)
Salt and Pepper
8 oz Block Pepperjack Cheese
1 Large Can Cream Mushroom Soup
Layer half of the meat, potatoes, and onions in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and half the cheese cubes. Repeat with remaining meat, potatoes, and onions. Top with cream of mushroom soup and remaining cheese. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes, then on Low for approximately 4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
I just made this recipe up, altering another recipe I found online. For the meat, I used a 14 oz package of precooked Butterball Turkey Smoked Sausage cut into little pieces. If you don't like pepperjack, the original recipe called for cheddar cheese instead. It's cooking right now, so I'm not sure how it will turn out. Tonight we'll see! :-)
UPDATE: I would mix this about every 30-45 minutes, otherwise the cheese sticks to the bottom. It has about an hour left to cook in the crock pot, and so far it smells delicious! :-)
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment