Thursday, August 12, 2010

Meat Cakes - YUMMY!!




As I am making a giant cupcake shaped cake today, I thought "Hmmmm...why have I never made meat cupcakes?" Yes, a question I'm sure we've all asked ourselves at one time or another. So I decided to make breakfast casserole cupcakes today with sausage.

Breakfast Sausage Cupcakes

1 pound turkey sausage
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
1/2 loaf bread, chopped into cubes
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
spices - salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc

Cook onions in pan to make soft. Add turkey sausage, and cook. In bowl, mix all ingredients, including onions and sausage. Let soak in fridge for a few hours. If mixture looks too wet, add more chopped bread. If mixture looks too dry, add more eggs and milk.

Spray muffin tins, fill with mixture, and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. May need less or more cook time, so watch carefully.

When they were done, I took them out of the muffin tins and put them in a tupperware in the freezer. As soon as they were frozen, I threw them into a freezer bag for quick and easy breakfasts for the kids!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jill, I am going to completely try this and freeze them for when we get back from Ethiopia. Thank you for the recipe!