Monday, August 30, 2010

Pet Cemetary


When Mike was mowing the lawn the other day, he found two dead baby bunnies in the yard. I decided that I couldn't throw them in the garbage, so we're going to bury them in the back yard. We named them Peanut Butter and Jelly. The conversation about the burial went something like this:

Jackson: Umm mom, what's in that bag?
Mommy: Peanut Butter and Jelly - the dead bunnies that daddy found.
Jackson: You're not going to bury them, are you??
Mommy: Yes, I'm going to bury them in the back yard.
Jackson: Like a pet cemetery??
Mommy: I guess so.
Jackson: And THAT is why I'm afraid of the dark!! Pet cemetery = dead animals that turn into zombies that come in the middle of the night to eat my brains!!

Jackson scripted a little prayer for the funeral; his biggest concern was that they were going to come back as bunny zombies and eat his brain.

No comments: