Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Diagnosis

As I'm sitting here getting ready for someone from AEA to come to the house and meet with us regarding Maddie and hopefully getting her into integration preschool, I'm finally reading through the giant stack of doctor letters and notes that I've prepared to give them today.

I guess I've just been thinking of everything as "Sensory Processing Disorder" - but just read through what the official diagnosis is that the psychologist has given her.

Adjustment Disorder with disturbance of emotions and conduct

She also said that she is in the process of ruling out:

ADHD combined type, and
Pervasive Developmental Disorder not otherwise specified

So what does that mean to me? Not a lot right now.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

im just reaading this now, but PDD-NOS is an autism spectrum disorder. Do you have any more word on a diagnosis? PDD-NOS is what my DD has.