Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Miss Stinky Pants

After the plumber left yesterday, I decided to take the kids to the Splash Park for an hour before meeting Mike for dinner at Hy-Vee Kid's Night. I grab a change of clothes for everyone, their water buckets, and off to the pool! When we get there, I look in my bag.....and I forgot an extra swim diaper and regular diaper for Maddie. The only one I have is the swim diaper she's wearing. Hmmm. So do I let her run around and get this one soaked, and have nothing to change her into? Or do I slip this one off and save it for her "after swimming" diaper to wear until after dinner, and hope she doesn't mess in her swimsuit? I chose the later. So I slip off her diaper, and send her off into the splashiness. Not ten seconds later, Maddie runs over to me slapping her buns (which is never a good sign) saying "uckie poopoo." She then turns around and runs away from me, as the bottom of her swimsuit swings back and forth with a giant mess about to fall out the leg hole.

Luckily the one thing I remembered was wet wipes!! So I clean her up, put on her swim diaper and dry clothes, and we just decide to leave. Official time at the splash park: 12 minutes.

No comments: