Saturday, August 9, 2008

Adventureland





Yesterday we spent the day at Adventureland and had lots of fun!! We went with some friends of ours and their kids; although, our kids were a little more adventurous. We split up, then met up for lunch. We started off on the rides close to the front of the park, and Maddie was a trooper!! She went on the Umbrella ride, Teacups, and a few others that were probably a little advanced for her. Then Jackson and I rode on the Raging River and got soaked! After lunch, Mike and Jackson hit the rollercoasters. Jackson's quite the thrill seeker! At 6pm we decided that it was finally time to come home, and the kids absolutely passed out exhausted.

However, I noticed today that my back left light is crashed out of my car. It wasn't like that yesterday when I got to work, so I am guessing that someone hit my car while I was at work and didn't do anything about it. Frustrating!!

Today Mike and Jackson went out looking at minivans while Maddie took a nap and I stayed home. They test drove them to the house, then I looked at it, then they drove it back to the lot. Genius!! However, each time they pulled up to the house Jackson kept yelling "It's our new minivan!! I love it!!" so excited! Then I tried to explain that we were just borrowing it to see if we liked it, and it doesn't belong to us. Then the tears came, as he was so sad that we weren't going to keep it. Mike said when they got back to the lots, Jackson would be in a full out cry as he had to get out of the minivan and back into our car. I think this was brought on by a conversation I had with him about how much more room we'd have in a minivan and that he'd be able to fit 3 friends in our vehicle, compared to 1 friend (snugly!!) now.

There's a few vans that I want to take a closer peek at that we saw online from local dealerships, one in particular that we plan on seeing on Monday. Hopefully it lives up to our expectations so we can find what we're looking for!

Our freezer's icemaker seemed to be broken today, as no water would come out of our fridge. I think the only problem was that it was just frozen in the tubes, because after thawing things out it seemed to be working okay. (Besides the water that always pools in the bottom of the freezer and needs to be removed a couple times a week) Can anything else break?

No comments: