


7:30 am
We all wake up, take showers, get dressed, and eat breakfast.
8:30 am
Head to early church, and barely make it on time! Wshew.
10:30 am
Off to the Iowa State Fair! The parking situation was horrible, and it took a while to find a spot. We ended up parking in some guy's yard/lot for an inflated price. We started off by Mike and Jackson riding the giant slide. After that, we went to the Varied Industry Building. It only took going up 2 rows to remember that we can't stand this building; so we get the kids a hotdog to share, and back to the outdoors! Mike gets a hot steak sandwich, and luckily he doesn't choke on it. Off to the midway! Mike and Jackson go on the Black Spiderman Ride, while Maddie and I get 2 corndogs for everyone to share and some ooey gooey loaded fries. For anyone that hasn't gone to the fair yet that is going to later on, at the back of the midway there's a stand with a value menu that has DOLLAR corndogs! After our snacks, we decide that we're not good fair-people and we're ready to go home.
12:30 pm
We're back at the car! Yes, I realize it was a pathetic day at the fair and we're a bunch of wimps.
After nap time, we braved one of Des Moines oldest and probably least frequented movie theaters; Merle Hay Mall!! I have to admit the theater was a little spooky, and very hot; and strange that it apparently only takes one employee to sell you a ticket, make your popcorn, start the movie, and clean up after. We saw Wall-E; Mike and Jackson loved it, Maddie was being her usual screaming self, and I was about to go bonkers! Although everyone else thought it was so fantastic, I thought the movie itself bordered on painful. Mike's Comment: "What I loved about that movie was that it could totally happen. You know...robots falling in love with other robots? That movie was great." I officially live with crazy people.


No comments:
Post a Comment