So I thought I found the perfect van for us. It has leather interior, DVD player, the miles we are looking for, and the price was reasonable. So I pack up the kids during the morning to take them to Granger to look at it. The trip there wasn't bad, but the second we got there Maddie started screaming uncontrollably. So what should I do, pack them back up and leave without seeing the van? I don't have much free time to be able to look at it, and we're already there, so I decided just to take a quick peek. After a few minutes of total embarrassment with Maddie, another dealer asked if he could take Maddie for a ride on his golf cart while Jackson and I look at the van. Which was a lifesaver!! They drove around in circles while she held her snuggle blanket and waved. We were able to take the van home so we could show it to Mike, and the DVD player was awesome! Finally, a car trip where noone is screaming from the back seat, no "but she's touching me!!", no toys flying into the dashboard from back there....it was officially great. After looking at the van closer though, there were too many defects and door problems to make it worth buying.
I would really like to keep leather seats since it stays so much cleaner with kids. I found that I absolutely love the DVD player, although this could always be added later. Now we just need to find something with lower miles and in good condition, and a somewhat even trade with my current vehicle. Which is becoming a bit of a challenge.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment