Friday, August 22, 2008

Hash Brown Baby, Hash Brown!!

So I worked a 7pm-7am shift last night being the one and only nursery nurse. By 10pm I was exhausted and ready to go home. By 4am I decided that I would be super happy to not have any more deliveries that night! I finally got caught up with charting all my deliveries, when my stomach started growling. Hmmmm. Hash browns! I totally love them. So since there was only one girl left in labor, and she was a "sleeping induction," I decided it would be a good time to run off the floor to get a snack. To the cafeteria!! On my way down, I almost got run over by someone from the ER pushing a girl on a bed down the hallway. Seriously, I almost got squished like a pumpkin on Halloween night!! I get my hash browns and diet coke (gotta stay awake, gotta stay awake!!) and bring it back up to the break room and leisurely take a break and watch TV with a few other girls back there. *Stretch!!* Back to the nursery! "Hey Jill, did you go to the delivery in 16?" Heck if I know, I've been to so many deliveries tonight I lost track... Hmm, 16? I don't think so, why? "Because they ran her from the ER and she delivered within 2 minutes of getting here." Ah-hah! The girl that nearly ran me over in the hallway... Anyway, I had horrible timing for the nursery nurse to leave the floor. But excellent timing to get a break and have my yummy hash browns! The charge nurse went to the delivery instead, everyone's healthy and fine, and my hashies were delish!

No comments: