I had to work 0700-1500 today, working as the nursery nurse. It was strange for a Saturday, because usually we're super busy but today it was so quiet!! All day long I just filled out discharge papers for other nurses because I was so bored, helped pediatricians when they came to examine all their babies, assisted with a couple circumcisions, and searched the internet for our next vehicle! Yes, very busy day. One of the nurses I work with was emailed a hilarious little video of sports whoopsies! Click Here to watch. I don't know why I thought it was so funny, I was just really tired; plus I think nurses have a sadistic sense of humor in the first place. But I started laughing so hard that I had to lock myself in the bathroom for a little bit; meanwhile, being prank called by other nurses thinking it was funny. I work in a comedy club hospital!
So all day long we were just laughing in the nursery, and when I'm getting ready to pass my phone on at 1500...there was a delivery at 1459. 1459!! Luckily I got all my charting done really quick so I was able to leave by 1530.
Tonight we decided to go to Fazzoli's for dinner, and we see a lady that has the absolute longest poofiest hair I've ever seen in my life. Jackson's first reaction was to say "WOW, look at that lady with the GIGANTIC hair!!!!!" Which was so embarassing!! Then we had to have a little talk about how everyone's different; some people have black skin, some have white skin - some are tall, some are short - some have short hair, and some have gigantic poofy hair. But that's okay, because Jesus loves everyone regardless of how crazy they look.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment