Monday, August 18, 2008

Not So Magical Mufflers

So Mike drops his car off this morning to get looked at. They say it will either be easy (Approx $40) or difficult (Approx $300). After taking a look at it, (and of course having a Wald touch it..) it was the 'difficult' type. Luckily they will be able to fix it today, but yet another expense.

Today during school drop off, I took Jackson inside the school and he was in charge of getting to his room and showing me what he needed to do instead of him following me. He went down the right hallways, even in spite of the millions of kids going in all directions. He found his locker right away, hung up his backpack, and took out his Friday Folder to turn back in with his book money envelope. He found the 'popcorn door' and walked right in, said good morning to Ms Douma, and went right to his seat. Good Jackson!! I think later this week I'm going to try the 'drop off from the car' and not walk him all the way to his class, as long as he's okay with that. He's doing so good! Today is also the first day he's buying school lunch instead of packing it, so we'll see how that goes, little Mr Picky Eater!

After School:

I go inside to pick up Jackson, because I guess his teacher waits with the kids inside instead of outside. I run into Allie on the way inside, and she says that "Jackson's inside waiting with Ms Douma, and he's making crazy faces and sounds!" Goodie! So I go inside and pick him up, and we head home. I asked him how eating lunch went, and he said "The nuggets were great!" Umm, just the nuggets? What about your noodles, pineapple, carrots, and milk? "Nope, just the nuggets!" I think we're going to go back to packing lunch tomorrow.

No comments: