Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just Drop Me Off, Mom

When I take Jackson to school this morning, I ask him if he wants me to walk him to his classroom or if he feels comfortable getting there himself. He says "I go inside the door, go down the hall, turn the corner, find my star locker, then look for the popcorn door. I can do it myself today." What a big boy!! So I drop him off in the circle drive, and as he gets out of the car he just stands there with his backpack and lunch looking back into the car. Then he starts with his "Goodbye, have a good day, I love you. Have a super duper day! I'll miss you. Goodbye. Have a super great day mom!" It's so cute!! I hope he remembered to put his lunch box in the "I need to buy milk" basket, because I got him cereal straws that he's been begging for to have at lunch today.

Updated:
So...I guess he got lost on his way to his classroom today, and ended up in the older kids rooms. Someone had to walk him back down to the Kindergarten area and show him his classroom. Maybe next time!

No comments: