Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Wrestle Alligators

What's the difference between an official alligator wrestler, and trying to get Maddie dressed and hair brushed? Well...both often come away with bites and bleeding after a lot of wrestling, so I think they're pretty similar! I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to take off Maddie's pajamas, change her diaper, get her dressed, and brush her hair. There has never been a time where she would be "Oh, time for a diaper change. Okay! Since I'm all wet and all, that will be good!" No, she has to fight it kicking and screaming. She also HATES to get her hair brushed or done up, so if I come away with her just being able to see through her wild curls and tangles, I'm doing good. I managed little piggie tales today, but also came out with scratches on my arm. Which got me thinking, what is it going to be like having a little girl from ET that needs constant hair help, braids, etc. Eeek!!

No comments: