Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Risks Of Adopting An Institutionalized Child

I found a great article online from the Hague Online Training that I signed up for today, which is a requirement of anyone adopting. We have 8 weeks to finish the online class, but I read an interesting article called Adopting An Institutionalized Child, which is what Mike and I would be doing by adopting from an orphanage. I would really like for close friends and family members to read it, to better understand some of the potential things we will most likely be facing in the years to come.

More Great Articles To Read

Transracial Adoption: An Unmatched Set
Post Adoption Depression: Do I Love Him Yet
Preparing For A Blended Family: Is That Your Real Sister
Traveling Abroad: Medical Preparations For Adoption Travel
Prenatal Drug Exposure: What Parents Need To Know
Open Letter To Pediatricians: Medical Issues Of Adoptees
Helping Classmates Understand: School Handout
3-5 Year Olds: Talking About Adoption
6-8 Year Olds: Talking About Adoption

No comments: