Friday, August 15, 2008

"We Are Together"

The Agape orphanage, in the valley of a Thousand hills, South Africa, is a loving home for children who have lost their parents. Singing is a part of everyday life at Agape and the children have formed a much loved choir. The award winning film "We Are Together" tells the incredible story of the children of Agape choir. Filmed over three years, it follows the children’s remarkable journey as they overcome hardship and loss and embark on a life changing musical journey.

The documentary is heartbreaking and extremely touching, I just got finished watching it on HBO. For anyone in my area, it is on HBO On Demand right now and I highly recommend watching it. Bring your tissues. The children made a CD to help them expand their orphanage, I just ordered it online. The songs are so amazing and beautiful. The documentary really shows how much disease and poverty affects these children and their families.

Link To Learn More About The Children At Agape:
The Children Of Agape

Link To Hear Music From The Children At Agape:
We Are Together


The Second Day Of Kindergarten
I think today went a little better. I heard him whining when I got to his room to pick him up, but he was happy and not crying; always a good thing! He also told me he got to make another monkey puppet today, this time with a tail. Wshew! I think he put his lunch in the wrong basket though, he was supposed to put in the "I need to buy milk" one. So I don't think he had a drink at lunch. But for day two, I would overall call today a success!

No comments: