A story of the journey of bringing our Durango home, and trading in our Ford Escape. Eight hours of driving, one hour at the dealership. Regardless of the driving, it was awesome to be able to pull up to the front of the dealership, walk inside, sign here here initial there, and drive away! This is the story of our adventures to Minneapolis/St Paul (AKA - MSP)
7:49 am
Pack up the Ford Escape and drive Jackson to school. School bag, check! Lunch box, check! Umbrella shaped like a giant blue shark, check! Note for Ms Douma to say Mrs Patterson (Joshua's mom) will be picking him up, check! We pull up to the front of the school, while Jackson gets out and runs inside. (I love how he runs inside each day, so excited to go to school!)
7:52 am
Mike makes an illegal left turn from the right turning lane, at a crosswalk, in a school zone - during school drop off time!! Jill freaks out.
7:53 am
Mike makes an illegal left turn from the right turning lane, at a crosswalk, in a school zone - during school drop off time!! Jill freaks out again, especially since there's only two corners in the entire town of Ankeny that he could have done this...all within 2 minutes!
8:07 am
Jill Diet-Cokes herself at Caseys, and we get a slice of breakfast pizza for the road. The little blonde girl that used to work at McDonalds now works at Caseys. (For those interested!) I also had to buy a pack of paper so I could write out my blog while we're driving. The effects of Gustav were hitting Ankeny, as it rained its fury down on our town!
9:08 am
Received a phone call from the guy at Fury Motors asking if we were on our way and what time we'd be there. Of course, we'll show up at noon; the exact time that he's going to want to go to lunch, because that's how the Walds roll with it!
9:54 am
Stop at a gas station and fill up with just enough gas to get us to MSP! What's that I see? Burger King now has Neopets toys in their happy meals!! For those that don't know my hidden secret, I totally love neopets and I've played it for 8 years. Yes, I'm a nerd. I know.
10:22 am
Maddie finally fell asleep, after much fussing and crying!
11:26 am
Jill saw crop circles in the corn field! Aliens? You make the call... Maddie woke up. Probably because of aliens, but I can't be for sure.
12:15 pm
Chipolte! Maddie loves rice and beans, so I thought she would love it! She took a few bites, but hated the fork because it was too big for her mouth. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a spoon for her and they didn't have any there. So she wasn't too interested in finishing. Filled up her sippy, and we're off to the dealership!
12:30 pm
Arrive at the dealership. Maddie fusses and screams, so I walk her around the room while Mike signs papers. We look at all the cars and talk about what fruits they match. We saw 2 apple red cars, and 3 blueberry blue cars. Then she made the "chhhomp!" sound like she was trying to eat them. Although she's a tiny little thing, she's always thinking about food!
1:15 pm
And we're off! This was seriously the best time buying a car EVER! Plus they gave us about $1300 more for my trade in than anyone in Des Moines would give us. Everyone was super pleasant. I would highly recommend them to anyone! We popped in the movie Ratatouille, and she loved it! It was nice having a quiet car, this DVD player is going to be awesome for trips! For anyone that doesn't already know, our kids are absolutely the worst travelers ever making us never want to take trips! I think we'll probably take more trips to KC and St Louis to visit family now that we have more space and entertainment for the kids!
2:30 pm
Medford Outlet Mall! We made a quick stop by the outlet mall, since Jackson needs a new winter coat and snowpants; and probably snow boots, since he's growing so fast!! Mike also really needs new jeans. Mike found a couple pairs of jeans at the Gap outlet, and I got Maddie a pair of capri pants from Old Navy. They're a Size 2T so they probably won't fit her until next year; she's still wearing 12-18 month pants now.
5:00 pm
I call back into work and say that I could work 7-11 pm tonight if they still need someone, since they left me 3 message saying they needed someone to work. I guess they found a couple other people to come in, so I get to stay home!
5:45 pm
To the Pattersons house! Thank you so much Lisa for picking up Jackson! He had so much fun playing with Joshua and Cailey, and it was really helpful! Jackson freaked out, and was so excited to see our new SUV. As soon as he got in, Mike cracked a joke and said "OK Jackson, we need to go take this car back to the dealership..." and he started crying, it was so sad! For those that don't already know, car shopping with Jackson did NOT go well. Each time we test drove a car, he would cry when we had to get out because he really wanted to have more seats for his friends to sit in.
6:10 pm
Home at last!! Bath time for the kids, and Maddie went straight to bed since she was so tired. Jackson got to stay up and play games on a website Starfall that his teacher emailed to us saying they do it at school. He loves it!! Then I played a game of checkers with him (also his new love!), and Mike read him part of his library book.
7:30 pm
Goodnight Jackson! Ginger from work called asking if I could pick up a shift for her in October, but I'm already working 12 hours (7pm - 7am) the night before...so I don't really want to add a 7am - 7pm shift onto that making it a 24 hour shift! I felt bad, since she always bends over backwards to help me out. Hopefully next time, Gingie!
Maddie's New Slang:
Knuck Knucks: Chicken Nuggets
Knacks: Fruit Snacks


No comments:
Post a Comment