I started working more on the formal application and home study papers today, and I have to admit it's quite frustrating!! Especially since Maddie has been screaming since she got out of bed this morning. However, I feel SOOOO blessed to know many wonderful women that have already been through this process with Ethiopia that are keeping me from making horrible frustrating mistakes!
Example:
Social Worker: You need to get a physical, have your medical provider sign it, and get your letter of health from them.
Fellow Adoption Friend: Make sure you use an MD/DO and not a Nurse Practitioner! You have to have the letter notarized with the same date the letter is written! The letter expires within 6 months. Make sure the notary doesn't expire within a year or so.
SO much great advice from those that have already been through these. Your help is invaluable to me! Thanks girls!! :-)
I finally got our physicals scheduled in December. I'm planning on having our letters pre-typed so they just need to run a copy of them on clinic letter head. I'm also calling ahead of time so the daytime lab tech can have our drug screen stuff set out and explained to the evening lab tech (that doesn't work there as often) so there are NO glitches! I need to call the bank that's hooked to the clinic to see if someone would be willing to run over and notarize the letter, otherwise I'm hoping Dr. Andersen will be willing to run over and get it notarized for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment