Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More Of The Same

Wow, my blog's going to get boring!! ;-) But I want to keep a record of what we do and when, so I can go back and read it later and think "Wow, I'm glad we're done!!" and see how far we've come.

Tonight at work, I was able to corner one of my managers who agreed to sign a letter I typed up and had ready for proof of employment. Finally got that done! Now we just need to work on Mike's Ugh.

Also an interesting story from work tonight. Kind of!! One of my patient's husbands called me and said he had a question for me. So I go down to their room, and he's standing by the bathroom and says he wants to talk to me about something in there. Ummm, okay?? So I make a horrible mistake of going into the bathroom with him as he proceeds to show me his bowel movement that's still sitting in the toilet. "Do I have worms?" he asks, as he points out all of the long stringy things. No, you do not have worms. "How do you know? Isn't that a worm? Why is it so long? Why's it this color? Why's it that color? My poop doesn't usually look like this...what's wrong with me? Me me me!! What's wrong??" etc etc. Ugh!! (I think it was just lots of mucous and it looked like the lining of his intestine - which big surprise, with how stressed and freaking out the guy is 24/7!! I should keep a bottle of 'chill pills' in my pocket for such occasions) Why did I ever go into nursing??

No comments: