Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home Study Is Finished

Woohoo!! Our Home Study is officially finished! The kids were SOOO excited when Leah came over last night, and she's also really excitable around kids - so the first thing she did was rile them all up and get them super psyched. Then she said "Umm, maybe I shouldn't have done that!" Jackson and Maddie were kinda wild (umm, yah...kinda) during the visit, and Jackson kept interrupting because he wanted to talk to Leah; and Maddie kept interrupting because she wanted to eat another candy cane and have Leah read her books. Then Jackson kept asking her if the next time she comes over, if she's going to bring his new brother with her. I hope we passed!! ;-)

Before she can finish typing our Home Study, I think she needs to get Mike's employer letter (which has proven to be a PAIN!!!), and I also need to get a document notarized at the Court House. As soon as those things are finished, she can file our I600A!! Woohoo!! After that is filed, we will receive an appointment to be fingerprinted at the Federal Building. After our clearance with that, we will receive our I-171H, which is your 'good to go' for adopting from Ethiopia. Then there's more steps and more steps after that, so that's as far as I'm looking into the future right now.

Last night I typed up tons of our letters and forms that need to be notarized for our dossier (Yes, I had copies of them, but I like things all typed - haha) and wrote our letter to MOWA stating our reasons for wanting to adopt from Ethiopia.

Things to to in the next week or so:

*Notarize a huge stack of papers
*Get copies of reference letters from the 2 people we're using
*Attestation of financial statement
*Medical letters notarized from Dr Andersen
*Local police clearance
*Court House document notarized
*Mike's employer letter
*Mike's life insurance letter

That's my next step, before I hyperventilate looking at the rest of it! Baby steps.

3 comments:

Demarie said...

Yay! You're really moving forward! It seems like it will take forever, but it really won't. And the paperwork does end at some point. Until you start the next one ;-)

Shadley said...

I remember when Leah visited...the "riling" up of the kids was inevitable...it was like two days after Christmas too...I think I was so nervous I am sure Leah thought I was a moron!!! I was so worried the kids would act up, and sure enough, they did!! Glad you are on the next step!

TheWaldFamily said...

Jackson got so wild that he wanted to show Leah the "super wiggle" - and when she acted super excited about it, he got right in her face and started pulling his tooth back and forth as fast as he could (it's about to fall out). I think it made her about throw up. But she asked for it!! haha ;-) She's so good with kids though, that I almost felt like she was one of mine! OK Leah, to the bottom bunk. Lights out!! ;-)