(Cut and pasted from my facebook note - this happened last night)
Tonight after our small group at church, Mike slipped on the ice and fell - breaking his leg/ankle in multiple places. (Thank you SOOOO MUCH!! to the Mitch and Regina for taking Mike to the hospital so I could go pack an overnight bag for the kids!! And to Kevin and Lisa for watching the kids for us tonight!! We seriously have the best friends ever!)
After a long time in the ER, and lots of x-rays and CT scans, they put Mike under sedation/anesthesia so they could move it into the right position again and splint it. He's at Methodist Hospital right now, in Powell 469. They are planning on doing surgery tomorrow, and we're not sure when he'll be able to go home. I'm spending the night here tonight with him and his Morphine PCA pump.
Tomorrow morning I will let Lisa know if the surgery is scheduled yet, and I'll come back and pick up Maddie (and grab some more stuff for Mike). Then I'm hoping my parents will be able to stay with Maddie and pick up Jackson from school so I will be able to be with Mike at the hospital for his surgery. I'm just taking it one step at a time, because none of the details are set yet.
I'll keep everyone posted! I also have some pictures to post as soon as I can get to my home computer to put them from my phone to the computer. (Yah yah, we're picture freaks)
We also ran into someone that Eileen Kurth knows (I already forget his name! Brian? He's a PA with Mike's ortho doctor) and also Sarah Copple's sister! Woo hoo! :-)
Oh yah...I gave Jackson a crazy haircut for Sparks tonight, and he'll still have that crazy hair tomorrow for school. Poor little buddy!! :-P
OK, that's all I can think of for now. Going to try to get some sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I still can't believe this happened to your husband! Hope he's on the mend soon.
Post a Comment