While driving to St Louis last weekend, I saw a rock fly off the back of a truck and hit my windshield. SMACK!! It left a crack in the window. Argh!! Not too long ago, we had to have Mike's entire windshield replaced because of a crack that went wild all the way across. So he called the insurance this morning to see if we could file a claim to have it repaired. They said that if the crack can be fixed (without the entire windshield being replaced) that they pay 100% for it to be fixed. So they sent someone over to the house to look at it and fix it, and they got it done today even! And free. It's SO handy to have them be able to come to the house!!
Since Mike was at home waiting for them to come over, I took his car to Walmart to get some groceries today. As I'm backing out of the driveway, I hear something crash to the ground. I get out, and see that a giant piece of metal something fell off the bottom of his car. Grrrr. So I pick it up, throw it in the seat next to me, and drive to the Fixer-Up shop on my way to Walmart to make sure it's not something really dangerous to have broken off his car. The mechanic thought I was hilarious, by the way, when I said "I don't know if this is the bottom of the gas can tank thingie." Anyway, it was a shield that was around the catalitic convertor that totally rusted and broke through, and is "un-fixable" - but they could put on a make-shift clamp to keep it on, but would most likely keep falling off now. He said that it wasn't dangerous to drive like that, unless we drove through tall grass (which could set the grass on fire, since this protective thing is gone and it could get too hot on anything that touches it under the car while driving). Not like we take his car off-roading into prairies anyway. I'm glad it wasn't something hugely important or expensive to fix!
Our finger printing appointment is coming up soon - but not before my hands decide to break out again in an itchy eczema mess!! I think the changes in temperature has flared up my dyshyrotic eczema on my fingers over the last few days. I'm using my steroid ointment, and going to wrap my hands in cotton and plastic wrap at night until our appointment to hopefully get my prints back before my appointment. Then maybe they'd finger print my TOES instead!? ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Man, you are not having good luck with cars! Glad both were "fixable" and not expensive.
Isnt it just like satan to try and throw a bunch of stuff at you all at the same time? You showed faith through it all!!! Glad to hear the cars are all well and that you have your appointment!! Woohoo...you are almost done!!
Post a Comment