Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Three Gimpy People + Jackson

Mike's still recovering from his leg injury, I just had surgery yesterday, and Maddie got her 2 year shots today. As we're all laying in misery, Jackson's as healthy as could be! At least one of us is doing good and not on pain medicine!! ;-)

No new news on the adoption front - still "waiting for a referral" for our child. In our packet of information from our social worker, she said that the wait is currently 6-8 months for a child 2 years or older, and 8-12 months for a child 0-24 months. Our current age range is 0-3. I really feel like we will be matched with a 2 year old boy. I've kind of fallen away from the name Elijah, which was my #1 name. Now I think I want to wait to hear what his given Ethiopian name is, and keep some of that name.

4 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

Isnt it AMAZING how the Lord gives you a sense of what special little person he is going to bring into your life? In January I had a dream that we received a referral for an infant baby girl! I was so sure that we would get a boy because it just seemed to be the trend (if you did not request a girl), so when we got a little girl, I KNEW it was 100% God's doing!! :)

Matt and Andrea said...

I like the wait times your worker is giving you:) I will accept that for me as well! I don't like how you guys are feeling, sorry:(

Margaret and Cordel said...

I keep coming to see if you have updated your blog! Where are you? I miss you on facebook and the boards!!!! HUGS!

Lisa said...

I hope you get a referral very soon! I love the name Elijah, too. :)