Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Re-Inked

Jill got re-finger printed today. Hopefully we will be done with everything before Mike needs to get his redone in a few months! Right now, I'm working on making a giant binder of information for Katie (my MIL) who is going to watch the kids when we travel. I cannot thank her enough for watching the kids, it is SOOO helpful, and makes me happy that they will be in good hands while we're gone! But yes - our kids are very high maintenance. Hence the binder full of their favorite foods, things to do, bedtime rituals, favorite places to go, etc. ;-)

Still no news of a court date right now. I did talk with someone that got a referral in December that still hasn't heard about their court date so finally called their social worker and got some interesting news! They were assigned a 2/2/10 court date and passed already, and now are awaiting their Embassy date. How this info slipped through the cracks, I have NO idea. But talk about no time to plan and prepare!!

Jackson finished his ADHD assessments, which kind of left me with the results of "I'm not really sure what to do with him." Very frustrating. His doctor doesn't think he's a candidate for medication, but thinks that some behavior modification would be helpful to him. We've also noticed a big difference while he's been on supplements, so hopefully that will be enough to help him. He's been doing so much better in school, which is a total relief! I think he's on 3 weeks of Green Light Days, which is awesome!! Before, he couldn't go an hour without being taken off Green Light.

Maddie has been her same stubborn self! She's been sick the last couple weeks, so she's been an extra dose of grumpy. Hopefully that will pass soon so she doesn't feel so yucky and gets some rest!

No comments: