Friday, March 12, 2010

We did not pass court today...

I got a call from our social worker today saying that our case was not heard today, and that we are rescheduled for March 26th. The reason was due to a vital letter from MOWA (The Ethiopian government ministry of women and children's affairs) was not sent to the courts. I was told that the reasoning behind this, was that they were in conferences today.

I am trying to cling to the comfort that God is in control, but I am having a hard time with this. Why were birth family members required to travel such a great distance to attend court, when they knew ahead of time that the letters from MOWA were not available yet? Why were things not rescheduled in advance, knowing ahead of time that these government officials were going to be busy with other things yesterday and today? Why why why?

I am praying that we pass court on the 26th, and that we will not be affected by the new changes in Ethiopian adoptions that will require adoptive parents to travel twice - once for the court date, and the other for the Embassy date/child pick up. Our agency really doesn't have any information right now, as this is all a new thing and they are learning the information on a daily basis of how this will affect people already in the process.

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” Psalm 34:4

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Phillipians 4:6-7

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” 1 Peter 5:6-7

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Psalm 9:9-10)

2 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

Praying for you!!! I know how hard it is to wait and have this beautiful picture of a child you love so much and not be able to go to them, hold them, hug them....

I also wanted to say how much I wish we lived closer! Cordel comments all the time that our families would have such fun together!!!!!

Jaime said...

Praying you get some news soon!