Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hello Summer!






Today I took Birtukan, Maddie, and Jackson to the splash park and swimming pool for opening day. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be!! The kids had a great time playing in the sun. Putting on sunblock was a big issue with Birtukan; I was surprised, since she loves lotion so much! I saw a friend at the pool (Hi Mickie!), and was reminded that every day I need to let go of yesterday and start fresh with a new day. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Some times, one MINUTE at a time.

Which I really needed to think of, as we left the pool. All was well until we made it to the locker room to change into dry clothes before getting into the car. Anybody that was at the pool knows what happened next; to everyone else, I'll just say that it was NOT a good time. There's no reason to dwell on details, it's all over now. I'm just amazed that Maddie can go from the happiest girl in the world, to the biggest temper tantrum known to man within seconds. Needless to say, 3/4 of us were sobbing as we left the swimming pool bathrooms. Hooray for Jackson, being the only one that didn't cry today! He's really being a trooper!

Mike is setting up the swing set in the back yard with a friend of his from work; I think it will be really nice to have this summer for the kids! Maybe now they won't be tempted to sneak onto the neighbor's swing set when I'm not looking.

As for now; I'm letting go of this morning, and starting a fresh afternoon. Goodbye past, hello future!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

His mercies are new every morning!!!

Grandma Akin said...

Jill, you and your family have been through alot in the last year. You and Mike are doing great as parents, give yourself some credit.. just take a deep breath and live in the moment to get through this. Savor each little golden moment and cherish it. Trust me, before you realize it, those 3 will be old enough to be wanting the car keys. These are the best days, if you can get through them, and you will, you're doing great. We all love you. Mom

Andi-bo-bandi said...

You're doing great, Jill! Hang in there. :)

Shadley said...

It gets better each day...sometimes when my kids are being real pills I try to think of if I am ever that way to God and how he handles me...usually that snaps me out of my mindset of wanting to ship some of my children off to Abu Dhabi.

HollyMarie said...

Just keep doing what you're doing, minute by minute, letting go of minutes and welcoming new minutes and new hours, and you'll get through!