Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Be Still, Beloved





Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God..."

Jill, you are so calm. I don't think that things could be rough at all at home, with how you act right now. You are so quiet. You don't seem ruffled in the least bit. How can you not be pulling your hair out right now with everything that Maddie is doing, and how she is behaving? How can you run after 2 toddlers and a 6yo without going crazy each day?

Well people, there are some days that I feel crazy. There are some days that I literally pull my hair out. There are days that I'm not calm, that I'm not quiet, and I lose my temper, I have yelled, and at times I'm totally 100% ruffled. Some days I am the crazy lady that I never wanted to become. The lady that I know God doesn't call me to be.

Sometimes situations in life aren't put there to make us happy - they are there to make us holy. To draw us closer to Him. Would I really be leaning on God right now if everything in my life was perfect? If things were as calm as could be? If my children had no behavioral issues? If I didn't experience things that made me literally fall on my knees and cry out to Him for a peace and comfort that only He can give? I would like to say YES, but honestly, sometimes I don't know. I think that sometimes God uses things in our life to bring us closer to Him, and this my friends is one of those times.

Please don't get me wrong - I love all three of my children with all that is in me. But some days, I don't have much left in me. I need to take those moments to look at my three wonderful children in their sweet little faces and remember that they are a gift from God. God trusted ME with three of His children, to raise in His love. I feel so honored to be the mother of Jackson, Madelyn, and Birtukan. And some days, I just need to be STILL and realize that He is God.

PS - Birtukan loves her Sonic slushies!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jill, I remember those days all to well and honestly, I don't miss them. Keep leaning on God and He will see you through this. Then on your 1 year "gotcha day" you will reflect back on how much progress everyone has made. You may even be able to get a good chuckle out of it but trust me, it gets so much better with time. Everyone will adjust and get use to the new "norm" in your household. Hang in here, I know you are doing a wonderful job!