Friday, July 9, 2010

Brush Brush Baby!

Yesterday, we were able to go into Childserve and be given the brush and other equipment needed to start Maddie's sensory therapy at home while we wait for insurance to preapprove her therapy. She said it could take another week to hear back from insurance, and I am praying all goes well with that!!

Every 90 minutes at home, I am going to do her sensory therapy. This includes brushing her entire body (besides face and chest) with a little brush, rubbing a scratchy washcloth on the roof of her mouth, body joint compressions, and facial massage. We were told to follow this up with big deep movements with her, like giant bear hugs and playing physical activity games, and also a chewy candy like a Starburst. (That's the short version of what we're doing at home) So far, I have noticed a drastic difference in her behavior immediately after the therapy. I don't think I'm as good at doing it, but hopefully with time I'll get the technique down!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Hooray for good results! We'll wait to hear from you, when you are ready to meet for pizza. Happy brushing:)

KimC said...

Hooray! Hope she continues to make forward progress!