I'm still waiting to hear back from ChildServe regarding Maddie's therapy sessions starting. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to call them back and see if there's something holding things up because Maddie needs to start ASAP.
I feel really bad for Jackson this summer - I feel like I've been so busy with the girls, that I haven't had the time to spend one on one with him practicing his swimming. He just finished 2 weeks of swimming lessons, and didn't pass Level 2. He was heartbroken when all of the other kids got their cards, and he got a letter saying the few things he still needed to practice. Hopefully we'll have some time to spend with him this summer practicing those things so next year he will be successful.
I've also had quite a few comments and questions lately regarding Birtukan's hair. I've been working really hard to keep it healthy and moisturized, and so far it's looking pretty good! It gets really dry and poofy during sleep times; I need to get her a silk pillow and also a heavier moisturizer to use during the day. Although I'm not an AA woman and have never done AA hair before, I feel well equipped to take care of her hair. I've done a lot of research online, have a lot of friends with AA children, and have some pretty good products at home for her. My hair is naturally very curly, coarse, thick, and dry - so I think our hair type is pretty similar. I can't wait to grow her hair out long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment