Friday, August 13, 2010

Daddy Michael

Mike's been out of town all week, and is coming home this afternoon. YAH!!!! We have missed him at home very much! I had a funny conversation with Maddie today about it.

Mommy: Daddy is coming home today, Maddie!
Maddie: Umm, you mean Michael?
Mommy: Michael is his name, but you call him daddy.
Maddie: Actually, I'm pretty sure I just called him Michael.
Mommy: But you are SUPPOSED to call him daddy. Not Michael.
Maddie: But isn't his name Michael?
Mommy: Yes...
Maddie: *Silence* So what time is Michael coming home?

You can't talk logic with a 3 year old...

2 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

Both Naomi and Keelan went through phases around age 3 where they called us by our first names....it did not last long...but it is pretty cute ;) Hugs to you all!!!!

Andi-bo-bandi said...

He he. She does have a point... ;)