Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Day #2

Today started with the sound of Maddie screaming from the next room and a migraine headache. After some Ibuprofen and caffeine, it was off to Deana Rose Children's Homestead - a petting zoo and play park for kids and families. Although it was a lot hotter than we are used to, we all had a good time. Our visit began with a "No Guns" sign posted on the door, which I really didn't think that was a problem in OP Kansas. Apparently I was wrong! (Don't worry, I checked my glock at the door)

Off to the goats! Jackson loved them. Maddie loved them from a distance, but was afraid of pretty much anything up close. There was a giant red slide that kids could climb up and go down coming out of the side of a barn. There were a lot of kids running around Jackson's age wearing blue shirts, so I think half of my pictures are of random kids that I thought were Jackson. I'll photo-shop these memories into our visit!


Jackson On The Slide


Random Blue Shirt Kid I Thought Was Jackson

Off to the cows! Jackson got his picture taken in a wooden cut-out, letting us all know that he wants to be a dairy farmer when he grows up. He also got to milk a fake cow, and sprayed the milk all over his shirt. Then Mike pretended to drink it straight from the cow. Classy, I know.

To the playground! Although Jackson loved the play equipment, Maddie was (once again) afraid of everything. Screamed in the stroller, screamed while being held, screamed while running away from everyone... It was at least nice there was a semi-cool breeze to cool our sweaty backs!

When we got back home, Mike and I had a "Guess Who" tournament with the doubler-rule where each person has two character cards instead of one. After I smoked that competition, I thought I'd up the ante and try a triple-card-game. And of course, my winning streak prevailed! "Does your person that's not a girl, that has glasses, that isn't wearing a hat, that has a nose the size of a hippo - yah, that one - does that person look like a serial killer?"

Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Katie made a fantastic dinner that both of the kids ate. I'm surprised that Jackson tried the salmon, and that he also really liked it! He's a super picky eater and hates to try new foods. Maddie of course loved everything, and devoured her corn on the cob. (Although I'm a bit worried about another 'corn' incident, especially on the plane...) After bath time, Jackson tried putting on his own pajamas, only he put his head through the front button holes instead of the neck hole. Hilarious.





After the kids were in bed, we stayed up to play Cranium. The best clue was when Mike acted out what I thought was a long-armed dinosaur -- until he made the "no, not LONG arms..." sign, which then I assumed he meant short-armed. T-REX!! Ummmm, and the answer was rollercoaster? OK, so maybe I'm not the best guesser in the world.

No comments: