Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation Day #8

Maddie slept in the kitchen last night, which proved to be a good idea! She only woke up twice screaming, but quickly fell back asleep. Today was a grumpy day; Mike wanted to stay back at the resort, but I wanted to utilize our last day with the rental car and go back to the beach. So after some good times, we finally decided to head back to the beach for a while. Jackson got to use his inflatable whale beach toy and had a good time.

Maddie was playing in the sand digging a ditch, when I think “Oh, cute photo op!” So as I bend over to take the picture, SPLASH!! A wave kicks me in the rear and knocks me down, and water covers Maddie’s head. Needless to say, she screamed the entire time after that. However when looking back at my pictures, I surprisingly have the moment of impact caught in my photos! Good timing. Meanwhile, Mike is happily reading his book a few feet up the beach and doesn’t notice that his daughter and wife almost get swept into Davey Jone’s Locker.


On the way back to the resort, Jackson wet his pants in the car (which he did last time we came home from the beach too). After we got back, I started packing stuff up in our suitcases while we did laundry, and Mike took Jackson down to play mini-golf for a while….where Jackson made a poopie in his pants. This vacation can be summed up in one sentence… “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” Check please!! I’m ready to go home.

No comments: