
This morning we ate the leftover food that we had in the fridge before packing our stuff up, which partly included a box of super fiber cereal that Mike got thinking it was Life. Which actually explains a lot of problems we've been having....*ahem* After jam packing the banana car up, it was off to drop all of our luggage off at the hotel. Luckily, they let us keep our bags there until we could check in later today. So we drop our bags off and Mike asks the girl at the front desk what number to call for a return shuttle from the airport to the hotel, since the entire reason we are staying at this hotel was because of the free airport shuttle. Just call the hotel number, she says. Easy enough!
Off to Dis-Advantage Car Rental to drop off the car off. I felt horrible seeing all of the people waiting in line inside and pouring outside, remembering what it was like for us when we first got there. It was surprisingly easy dropping the car off though since we only had the diaper bag and carseats with us, and all the luggage was already at the hotel. Since there's a free airport shuttle from our hotel, we thought the best idea would be to catch the Advantage shuttle to the airport, and the Hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. So we hop on Advantage's shuttle, and off to the airport! Maddie finally falls asleep, which is sweet sweet silence! Once at the airport, Mike calls the hotel number to say we're ready to be picked up. "We don't have an airport shuttle from the airport to here. Just take one there, which is approx $17/person." Umm, didn't we just talk to you and you said that you did have one?? Absolutely ridiculous to pay $80 for a 10 minute ride. So we decide the best thing to do is take a taxi. Which the driver gave Mike attitude because he wanted to use a credit card instead of cash. He also drove with the windows down, giving my hair a nice jumbo poof!!!
Once back at the hotel, the front desk says that they don't have an airport shuttle at ALL. The entire reason we're staying at this hotel was because of the restaurant on-site and the airport shuttle - neither of which they actually have! So we have another taxi coming for us in the morning to get back to the airport.
Once we get up to the room, Mike and Jackson go swimming while Maddie and I take it easy in the room. We ordered pizza for dinner, and hot wings that were HOT. But even though they made me cry, I kept having another. After baths and jammies for the kids, I asked Mike to help me move the bed out a little bit so I could reach the plug-in for the kids' DVD player to watch a movie while falling asleep. CRASH!!! I look up, and he tried to move the bed by the headboard. Which....is attached to the wall. But not any longer! After some laughing, I helped him get it back up and reminded him that most hotels work that way. I'm glad I didn't ask him to help me open the window!! *Kick kick smash!!*

My vacation blogs are losing their wittiness, we are all exhausted and ready to go home. My mom just called and said tornados went through Slater (where they live, about 15 minutes from us) and the weather is really bad and flooding again. So I hope the house is okay when we get home!! I feel like a 5 year old kid, wanting to get home. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet??
Moment Of Insanity: Mike actually mentioned to me today the "next time we come to Orlando." Ummm, next time? I can't wait to get done with THIS time! I'm all vacationed out. Next vacation, Ethiopia!



No comments:
Post a Comment