With our adoption paperwork booking right along, it has me thinking more about our future child. With our age range of 0-36 months, our child is most likely born already. They could be living with their first family, living on the streets, or already in an orphanage at this time. I wonder if their parents are alive; and if they are, I wonder if they have already made the decision to place their child for adoption. I wonder if they are hungry. I wonder if they have somewhere warm and dry to sleep. I wonder if they are sick. I wonder if they are sad or crying. I wonder if they are being held and snuggled.
I pray for their first family. I pray they have enough food to eat, and somewhere safe to sleep. I pray for their health and safety. I pray that they are being loved and cared for right now, as much as they will be once they get home to their forever family. I pray for a smooth, speedy , and ethical adoption process so they can join our family as soon as possible.
It's hard as a mom to know that your future child is alive, yet you have no idea who they are right now. You know they are in need, but you are not able to provide for them yet.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment