After working 24+ hours in the last 2 days, I decided that I'm not going to volunteer to do another 12 hour shift tomorrow!! Ugh, my feet are killing me! Since the whole news story about the 11 sets of twins at the hospital I work at, I think we had 4-5 more sets!! In 3 days!! No offense to any twins out there, but what a nightmare for a nurse to have so many sets of premature twins to try to get to breastfeed. We kept joking that we need a special nanny for all the twins, because NONE of the twin mommies wanted their kids in the room with them because they were all screamer babies!! So all sets were lined up in the nursery all the time. Hilarious.
And when I got home from work today, there was a huge stack of papers waiting for me!! I was so excited!! Our notarized letters from Dr Andersen, South Dakota background checks, Mike's employment verification letter, and info from BCS on how to get a Missouri State Seal for Mike's birth certificate!! Plus we got Mike's letter written and notarized today for his life insurance situation, plus our financial attestation worksheet notarized. **Super Psyched** So now this is our checklist:
*Police Clearance
*Passport Photos
*Make copies of passports (Waiting for Mike's to get here)
*Reference letters notarized (David and Julie)
*Photographs of family and house
*Missouri state seal for Mike's birth certificate
WOO HOO!!! :-)
After our I600A is filed (hopefully next week!!!!) then we need to wait to get our fingerprinting appointment, and our USCIS approval. We're getting so close!! I think our social worker is surprised at how fast we're getting our paperwork done, and with so little problems!! (Besides Mike's employer letter and insurance letter) Especially over the holidays, too!! And I'm so glad that I have access to notaries at work! Plus being friends with our doctor (who has already Internationally adopted himself) made it super easy and quick to get our letters! Dr Andersen's the best! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment